hey guys. anyone miss me : P?
I accepted a mod/translator position at a site called Abyss Addicts. It is a new community site launching soon and you will find my future translations there. http://abyssaddicts.com/
I hope to see all of you there : )
High Grade Stigma
There’s a massive update over the horizon for this summer.
One of them is the new stigma system.
As you can see in the picture, the stigma slots will be changed and include couple more slots for the upcoming new grade stigmas.
While these high grade stigmas will have steep requirements, they will be powerful enough to worth the cost. Combined with the existing stigmas, they’ll make the game more dynamic.
Let’s learn about these high grade stigmas.
High grade stigmas are special stigmas only socketable in separate slots.
[same picture here again]
For example, in order to equip ‘A’ high grade stigma, you’ll have to have ‘B’ and ‘C’ regular stigmas already equipped.
The devs said there will also be high grade stigmas that require other high grade stigmas already equipped in order to be used.
Ultimately, this update will give u 3 more stigma sockets. Since you can still socket regular stigmas in these ‘special’ slots, you’ll be able to equip a total of 8 stigmas, even if you never get to have one of those high grade stigmas.
How to get them
Around 10 new stigmas will be added for each class (not just high grade, some new regulars as well)
There are two ways of acquiring these stigmas.
- Low chance world drop
- abyss points
Most of you will be looking at the 2nd option. Unfortunately, it is unknown who will be selling them and how you’d be using the points to get them
You also have to complete a quest to unlock the 3 extra sockets for the high grade sitgmas. The details regarding the quest have not been revealed.
New Stigmas, New play styles
Every class wil be able to enjoy two distinctive play depending on what stigmas they choose. For example Templars can either go for maximum aggro / high defense or improved attack ower.
Therefore, each player will have to carefully choose what stigmas that they want to go for, as your gameplay and strategies will change accordingly.
- Improved skill use and damage for spears
- Improveed skill use and damage for dual wield
- Improved defense/threat generation- maximizing your tanking abilities
- Debuff / offensive spells – PvP specialization
- Improved burst damage – now you can literally 1 shot people
- Improved burst with several debuffs!
- Improved movement – guerilla style!
- Improved long range attacks / damage – Sniper!
- Improved CCs and more defensive spells – improve your survivability in mass pvp
- Improved burst spell damage
- More PvP skills for your Spirit
- Stronger debuffs and dots
- More aoe healing spells and improved threat reducing abilities
- Improved offensive spells/quick recovery heals
- Improved melee skills for improved PvE and PvP
- Improved buffs and aoe recovery spells
Everything here is based on Korean 1.2 Aion.
- The best end game PvP class – has no real issues dealing with any other class except other Templars. (AionChosun tournament made that pretty obvious)
- 3 instant cast defensive cooldowns (1min 30s of invincibility if you pop them all in a row) + 4k DP instant full health will keep you alive in any situation
- Currently #1 on future nerf list
- [Ankle Snare– Immobilizes a target within a 25m radius for 10 sec and decreases its Dodge by 1000.] is your signature skill. It is the only root-type skill in Aion that cannot be removed by potions.
- No shield, No stealth – something to keep in mind. you aren’t exactly the tank or the top dps. you’re also a MELEE
- [Frenzy I -increase movement by 20%] is a toggle.
- Infinite stealth – Stealth cooldown starts ticking as soon as you enter stealth, not AFTER you exit stealth
- 1Burst – You can kill almost any class with 1 swift chain of skills. (or leave them near death) If they don’t die, just run away with your speed-stealth again-go for it one more time or just escape. But remember- your fragile. Don’t go around headbutting things.
- widely recognized as the fastest leveler. (Korea’s first max level in each update was an assassin every time)
- The most popular class in Aion. Expect your gear to be expensive.
- Kiting is your friend – maintain 25m with your target at all times. a lot of the skills that other classes have to cc/slow you down have 20m range.
- Notorious as the most annoying class to run into in field PvP. A good ranger never lets his target get within range.
- widely recognized as the slowest leveler
- probably the worst class to be at 1.2 – magic resist sets will leave you pulling your hair out. Assassins can kill u before you can say ‘help’ over vent and trust me, there’s a LOT of assassins in Aion.
- all of your roots and ccs can be cured with a pot
- at beginning zones, you’re a kill stealing machine
- highest mortality rate
- utility class – You are most definitely not on the top of PvP chain, but you’re just such a useful tool to have in group PvP. being able to remove buffs is HUGE
- strip them naked – debuff everything! high grade scrolls cost money while your mana doesn’t. Remove templars’ armor cooldowns and watch them cry as they can no longer tank 10 people at once.
- Your [Wing Root] strikes terror into your enemies’ hearts in aerial combat.
- great class to solo with. because having a pet to level with is awesome
- You’ll find yourself next to sorcerers pulling your hair out. Magic resistance sets make your attacks useless, but using them also makes you strong against other sorcerers/clerics/SMs and even assassins (some of their skills count as spells and can be resisted)
- Not as strong as we saw them as in 1.0 or 1.1
- Scarce – you’ll find yourself getting spammed with whispers and friend requests
- a big difference between clerics/chanters = chanters are melee. clerics are casters
- buffs are nice now – speed buffs provide a nice edge over everyone else
- preferred over clerics in end game PvE as Cleric’s high heals become redundant when everyone is super geared.
- Scarce – you’ll find yourself getting spammed with whispers and friend requests
막가파 vs 테미논거점 (Winner)
달밤의키스 / Spirit Master
단테스카라 / Assassin
달빛의키스 / Templar
sub – 피의파도 / Sorcerer
o리엘o / Assassin
콕콕 / Ranger
RedTape / Chanter
Comments – Overall, very skillful game play by the Ranger (Some crazy Chanter action too :O). Although I couldn’t help but notice him being much better geared than the other team. For example, the ranger dude is in full lvl40 abyss set while the Templar who lost was in half lvl30/40 set. A short action of Spiritmater here too, although ranger ate him alive with some crazy crits. The assassins here do not represent the assassins in abyss. These guys keep getting caught early in the fight because they can’t use their real stealth, which takes away a lot of their opening skills.
This team later lost to the team that had a templar with full lvl40 set and a +10 wep.
보스 (Winner) vs 천상길드
돈없고이쁜년 / Templar
프로 / Assassin <– Magic resistance set
보스 / Gladiator
sub – 천족대표 / Sorcerer
마리님 / Sorcerer
쑈곱하기쑈 / Cleric <— Magic resistance set
Comments – I was cracking up when 프로 started kiting the templar with a bow. I was really surprised when he actually beat the templar on round 1. He didn’t get so lucky on round 3 though. However, he came close once again with his massive burst and left the Templar with 10% hp after his death – allowing the next guy to finish him off with a few pokes. Whenever someone is just running, it means he’s waiting for the cooldowns to come back up again. I guess poking with a bow is better than just running around =)
Gladiator in this vid really changed my view on glads. Although this tourny is the battle of the Titans, it was still quite shocking to see the gladiator burst that cleric down in seconds. I think this match up was probably the best watch out of all other ones.
태권v(Winner) vs 테미논거점
타겟 / Assassin
씹냔 / Templar
협해 / Sorcerer
o리엘o / Assassin
콕콕 / Ranger
RedTape / Chanter
Round 1 – Incorrectly uploaded, waiting for correct upload
Comments – I’ll wait for correct upload : P
Sure making a lot of posts today. Make sure you guys check out the ones before this post by scrolling down and clicking older entries.
2nd set of videos released. really not much to say about team composition or any description. why? the Templar on 1st team whacked all 3 members of the opposing team to death on all 2/3 rounds by himself.
You can read the match rules here.
The other team had assassin, chanter, and cleric. Each video basically consisted of the first assassin running around for 3 minutes being useless.
- Nao / Assassin
- 마요꼬 / Chanter
- 희망그리고 / Cleric
1st round – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey7mG-U4vDQ
2nd round – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ67cBMGY38
While I was browsing over AionChosun PvP tournament primary round candidates, this one player caught my eye. A lot of you proabably already know that I play a sorcerer and this player in article today is also one himself.
천족대표 from 지켈server had not only over 60k lifetime kills, but he is also topping the Abyss point ranking chart out of every server.
I’m sure a lot of you sorcerer players and PvP fans would like to hear his story.
천족대표- Elyos Sorcerer; 지켈server
Q. Nice to meet you. Could you give us a brief introduction?
Hello, I’m playing a sorcerer in 지켈server fighting for the Elyos’ cause. I am hardcore PvP person and currently have around 60k lifetime kills. I’m have to go to the army soon =(
Q. Could you tell us something about sorcerers :D?
Well, its a class that has the hardest damage per attack. However, when faced with an enemy head on, you have a really hard time due to low HP and lack of Stuns. You’ll come to really depend on your gear to keep you alive.
On a positive note, we can kite pretty well with our instant cast spells. Plus, [Volcanic Explosion] that you learn at 50 is pretty epic whereever there’s big PvP.
Q. Congratulations on making it to the primaries for the tournament. A lot of people were doubting that any sorcerers would make it up. What are your thoughts?
My chance of winning against a Templar/Assassin/etc with Magic resistance set is probably 30% or less. There was a lot of that going around when this tournament started.
I mean if we were allowed to fly then I’m sure my chance would definately improve, but on ground level my options are very limited.
The only reason I’m here is to win the price so I can help out the less fortunate :D I’m the less fortunate of course lol.
Q. Mind giving us a brief introduction of your team?
Everyone in my team is completely decked out with +10 weapons and abyss gear. Combined with all of our PvP experience, I’m sure we’ll beat anyone.
Then again I’m sure other teams are full of 1%s too, but since we’re here anyway we’ll do our best to win.
보스 – Lvl 50 Gladiator
돈없고이쁜년 – Lvl 50 Templar
천족대표 – Lvl 50 Sorcerer
프로 – lvl 50 Assassin (Anyone remembe him from my earlier translation?)
Q. Any particular team you think you’ll have trouble against?
I’m sure all of them are pretty good since they all made it this far. Just looking at Asmodian teams its probably the GT team. There’s that guy with resistance set in there so I’m afraid I”ll be useless there.
Q. Any particular worries or concerns you have?
Basically what all Sorcerers fear really; magic resistance set, Templar’s DP armor skill, assassins’ evasion skills, midair restraint etc- all of this is very deadly to a sorcerer in a 1:1 situation. Just really not much I can do against those.
Against a full magic resistance set, I get a disheartening number of resists even if I go for full spell hit set. The amount of attack power that assassins give up are nothing compared to the amount of HP we lose by going for spell hit.
When a Templar pops his [Armor of Resistance; increases resistance to all schools of magic by 800], I basically have to run away for 30 seconds, which by the way, is impossible due to charge and Pull, especially in a small area like the arena.
Also, Assassins with [Speed contract; increases attack speed by 20% for 30s] are way too overpowered. I often find myself getting floored before I could even pop my magic shield.
However, regardless of what opponent, once you survive that intial burst, the things go in favor of the sorcerer. This is my primary tactic in PvP; figuring out ways for me to survive that intial burst.
Q. Any complaints about the tournament?
I find it regrettable that we’re holding a tournament with broken PvP balance. I hope this opportunity comes again at a later time; when things are hopefully more balanced.
I also found it hard to communicate with the tournament manager. It was temporary but it took really long.
Q. You recently came in 1st place for weekly abyss point ranking. Any personal tips you could share with us?
I have over 2000 spell power with +23% damage bonus. I just go around spamming my AoE spells against clustered enemies in seiges.
I try to use use [카이시넬의 진노; a DP spell that does 2.5k fire damage to a target and up to 5 targets near the inital target] on every cooldown. I learn where the enemies are first, Pop my [강화의 은혜; a sstigma pell that increases spellpower by 500 for 15 seconds], and just bomb the hell out of them.
In mass pvp, don’t get hotheaded and take risks. Just try to do some damage on high rank players. As long as you did some damage, you’ll receive points when that player dies to something else. I made use of this tactic a lot.
Q. Anything change you’d like to see for Aion?
Buff Sorcerers please! We definately need some balance between magic resistance and spell hit.
When a fight starts, its not practical to stand there casting unless no one is targetting me. I hope NCsoft gives us something to make use of these 2s cast spells.
Q. Anything you want to say to the Sorcerer players?
While we often find ourselves dying before we could even try our skill, we are the ‘1 massive burst’ class.Don’t give up! and keep trying =] We’ll see light eventually.
AionChosun.co.kr is holding a 3v3 Tournament with 3,000,000 won as prize. (3,000 US)
The rules are as follows;
- Each team will be composed of 3 players with one back up player. A team may not have more than one of the same classes. (Ex. Assassin, Assassin, Templar = X)
- The matches will involve one player from each team dueling 1v1. When a player is defeated, the next runner up will engage immediately and continue until all players are dead. (3 rounds per match)
- Each team must announce the runner up order prior to the beginning of each match to the tournament manager.
- The assassins are not allowed to use Stealth II
- All buffs (including potions and scrolls) can be used right before the beginning of the duel. However, teams that don’t include chanters or clerics must remove any buffs from them.
- DP skills, flight, and Guardian transformations are not allowed.
- All contestants are lvl 50.
The following videos are 냥냥team VS 천상길드team. One of the first primary match ups.
마니상한우유 / Assassin
이스 / Templar
미동없이 / Templar
마리님 / Sorcerer
쑈곱하기쑈 / Cleric